Saturday, March 17, 2012

So Blessed

I wasn't really sure what I was going to write about today, so it's really just gonna be a little bit of everything that is on my mind.

This morning, Lila and I slept in until almost 10:00.  It felt sooooo good.  I have to admit that I woke up about 9:30 and pretty much just watched her sleep for 30 minutes.  I never get tired of watching her.  Sometimes I can't even focus on a television show because all I do is watch her her play or study something to figure out how it works or scream and cheer at the basketball game that's on the TV at the time.  She never ceases to amaze me...in the best way possible.

I had a 16 miler today that I have to say I've been dreading this week.  I don't know why, but I just didn't want to do it.  My body has been feeling very tired and weak the last couple weeks and I'm not sure if it's fully recovering from the long runs I've done in the past month.  I am hoping and praying that it tells me what to do and when is enough.  That being said, I hope that "enough" can wait until April 28th.



I know sometimes we get caught up in the chaos of life, but today, even with my iPod blaring in my eardrums, it was so apparent to me that God was with me.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous.  A lot warmer than it has been for my long runs, 40 degrees warmer than my last one to be exact, and I was kinda scared how the weather was gonna affect me.  Thankfully I made it through with little pain today.  God even knew when I was getting pretty warm and gave me a cool shower for about 3 minutes.  :)  All I could do was smile.

For those of you who don't know (shame on you), we are in the midst of MARCH MADNESS!!!!  One of my favorite times of the year, aside from my birthday and Christmas.  LOL  My bracket is still in ok shape even though Duke and Mizzou both got upset.  I'm at a good place with my teams right now.  Here is a look at my bracket as of now.  Not too bad.



Update on my Skinnygirl Daily packets.  I'm still loving them.  I think they are starting to affect my bowels a bit more, but I do think they are working, cleansing the bad out.  I'm wondering if that has something to do with why I've been feeling a little different.  Maybe my body is used to the toxins (how sad is that) and now it's just trying to get used to working without them.  Of course that's how it should be.  Today I mixed my packet in a smoothie that I created myself.  It's a pretty simple smoothie, but it was delicious.

Lindsey's Skinnygirl Smoothie

About a cup of V-8 Fusion Juice of your choice - I used Strawberry Banana
About 6-8 (hell who knows, maybe more) frozen strawberries (you can use fresh, but be sure to add more ice if you do so)
1 banana
Handful of ice cubes (if you have ginormous hands, a little less than a handful)
Tad of Apple juice
Skinnygirl Daily Cleanse and Restore packet

I tossed the V-8 juice, strawberries, banana all together, topped it off with a little apple juice and got to blending.  Then I checked the consistency.  It was a little runny so I added the ice cubes.  Add more than I did if you like your smoothie thicker.  I like to drink it out of a straw so this worked for me.  Once it was all blended to my standards, I added the packet, blended once more for good measure and voila a smoothie.  How easy is that?

Now Lila is taking a much needed nap.  Perhaps tonight we'll venture over to Carbondale to find some cute material to make some burp cloths and bibs for a baby shower tomorrow.  Who knows what the night will bring us!

No comments:

Post a Comment