Monday, March 12, 2012

The past week


So this past week has been a really good one.  I feel like I haven't talked much about Lila lately, so here goes.  You're about to get an earful.

Lila has been amazing me this past week way more than usual.  She's picking up on a lot of things that you just don't know until they come out of her mouth.  She can identify almost everyone in our family now.  Used to, we would have to point at the picture and say "who is that?" and then maybe even give her a clue.  This past week she'll just walk by a picture, stop and look at it and say "Capel" or "Holly" or "Poppa".  She definitely knows who everyone is.  She also identifies most common animals and follows up with what sound they make.  I'm such a proud momma!!!

Not only is she identifying people, but the other night as we were strolling through Wal-Mart in the movie section, she points and screams at me, "Mickey Mouse".  Now when this happened, I thought that a worker was going to have to come pick me up off the floor.  I mean seriously.  And there was no "what did you say?" because it was so clear that I didn't even have to ask.  So once I got my jaw up off the floor and looked at her and actually noticed that she was climbing out of the cart to pick out a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse movie, I was even more stunned.  I immediately thought, Neil had to have been working with her in the mornings this week (he was on spring break and took her to daycare every morning).  So the next morning, first thing out of my mouth was asking him that.  He said that he had smily been talking to Lila about Mickey Mouse, but not really working with her to say it.  Needless to say she got the movie.  She did NOT, however, get the Mickey Mouse stuffed animal that she also screamed bloody murder for in the store.  I thought I was gonna have to take her out on a stretcher when I told her no for that...little brat. :)

One more huge thing that surprised me about her happened tonight in Wal-Mart.  No we don't go there every day...I hate that place, but sometimes there's just no way around it.  We were in the baby food section getting her a new plate, fork, and spoon.  Once we did that, I picked her up and we walked on.  She then reached for some Gerber Yogurt Blends.  Whatever, she can have it, I thought.  So I simply asked her if she wanted it.  I gave it to her and plain as day she said "thank you".  Once again, I was stunned.  I just feel like she grew up in a week.  She's now giving herself a bath and washing her armpits on her own, something I always do for her.  Where has the time gone?  Excuse me while I go wipe the tears from my face.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment