Monday, March 12, 2012

Bit of a Challenge for the Atkins Family

Neil has really been taking advantage of his gym membership gift certificate that he got for Christmas.  I mean really.  He is looking good, if I do say so myself.  I mean his arms are like ROCKS!  mmmmmmm

He's wanting to get stronger and leaner (I don't know about the leaner thing though) and has requested that perhaps we start eating a little healthier.  Now this isn't the first time he's requested this, but after many many times of fixing one meal and trying to stay healthy, this time I'm gonna do it.  I figure if I post about it, then maybe I'll keep my motivation in eating healthier.  We don't constantly eat junk food, but we can always do a little better, in my opinion.

Here goes the first night 3/12/12

Harvestland turkey burgers on the grill seasoned with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and garlic on whole wheat sandwich thins (which were way bigger than the burger by the way)
Mashed sweet potatoes (one of my favorite things ever)
Grilled onions, green bell peppers, and mushrooms

WOW!  It was good.  I know the burger looks kinda like an egg in this picture.  I put cheese on mine and Neil had the inside of the onion slice.

I also made kale chips.  I've been wanting to make these for a while now and finally got to it.  They are a healthy substitute for potato chips and they aren't that bad.  Believe me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE potato chips.  This is the recipe I used for the kale chips.  I got it from the Food Network.




Try it, you may just like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment