Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post #10 - Something You're Afraid Of

Well lets see....

Spiders, snakes, etc... All the girl things. :)

I also have some weird ones too (and don't make fun). I'm scared to death of going to sleep and waking up blind, deaf, or paralyzed. Of course who wouldn't be, but these are things I think of a lot and that frightens me even more!

I'm scared that something will happen and I'll never get to spend another day with my family and friends. I'm scared that someone will hurt my daughter in a way that can't be healed. I'm scared that I won't have the strength to be a mother when it really matters. I think I could go on and on. It's weird how motherhood changes you.

I also want to say that after an evening in Davenport Gymnasium alone last night with my daughter (letting her run around in her walker in the wide open space), I'm now a little freaked out by the supernatural. I have heard for years and years that Harrisburg High School is haunted. My dad is a teacher there and I went to high school there and stories have been told ever since I can remember. Sometimes they will go ghost hunting in the school at night. :) Crazies! So last night, Lila and I are up there and it was still light outside, but not super bright in the gym. I was trying to get her to run around, but she was so amazed by the vast openness that she pretty much stood still and looked at me the whole time. I'm running around acting like a crazy person trying to make her laugh and get excited and I kept hearing "stuff". Sounds of people in the bleachers (that were closed up), the floor moving in places 80 feet from where I was standing, and the straw that broke the camel's back was the shadow that I saw streak across the floor. It was at that point that we picked and got the hell outta Dodge.

I was freaked! So I just want to say that all the people who have told me those stories (I never doubted you, for the record), but now I TOTALLY know what you're talking about. WEIRD!

I didn't like this post AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment