Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nursing Vacation

So here we go. Lila and I are on a nursing vacation. My supply is still really low and I've done some research on increasing your supply and asked some of my mommy friends and I've heard a lot of testimonies that it has worked. My boobs are open 24/7 for the next few days to try to get more milk.

I'm hoping that eventually I will be able to have Lila on breast milk exclusively. Not only is it best for her, but it's also free! It's gonna take a lot of work and patience for the 72 hours, but it will totally be worth it if it works!! She's already been back on the breast since 4:30 today and I'm amazed at how well she has latched back on. Hopefully we can make it through the night without me going crazy!! Say a prayer that this will work. I hope God knows how much we want this and gives us both the strength to do it.

Day 10: I love N because he is supportive of any and everything I want to do. Even if it's the craziest thing that I want to do, he supports me. This means so much especially when you're me and have a lot of things that you would like to do in your life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey,
    I found your blog from the bump a while ago, I have had a hard time with my supply as well, which has been so hard for me since none of my other friends seem to have this problem. I have found a huge difference with fenugreek which is a spice that you use generally when cooking. I also have been pumping after most feeds between 5-6 times a day (most days). There is also a medication that is called Domperidone out there that is not FDA approved but is considered very safe because it does not cross the blood brain barrier so there are very minimal side effects. Also, I had really low Iron and started taking supplements which I think is helping as well. I just wanted to encourage you to keep trying. When I started trying to increase my supply about 5 weeks ago I was only ever pumping 2 ounces at the most and that was in the morning after sleeping most of the night. I am now up to 6 ounces in the morning and 1-2 ounces after I feed throughout the day. I still have to supplement each feed since my daughter is not a very strong eater, but its almost all pumped breast milk. Keep trying its good for you and baby.
    ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete