Saturday, October 23, 2010

Spoiled Baby

I'm blogging from my mom's today. Daddy went to work some overtime and we didn't want to be home by ourselves again, so we made the trip out to Grandma's house. The dogs needed and outing too. It's been well over a month since they came out to the country to visit their friends and boy are they happy they got the opportunity. They have already been swimming in the pond and rolling in the dirt. It's a good thing I brought a sheet for the back of the car. I'm hoping they tire enough to sleep on the way home anyway....hoping. :)

Lila has been pretty needy the past couple of days. She just wants momma! I don't know what to say. I guess it's my dazzling personality that attracts her; or maybe (and probably more true) it's the fact that she's with me 24/7 and knows that I will calm her in her massive freak out sessions (aka spoil her). So what? Who cares? I will spoil her if I want...plus it won't last long anyway. :) One day she will have a little baby brother or sister and she won't be the spoiled baby anymore, so why not spoil her why I can?

So today my mom or I will rock her and lay her down on the bed to sleep. It only takes her about 5 minutes to realize that she's not in someone's arms before she starts fussing again. So I go pick her up and hold her and rock her, whatever it takes to calm her back down. She's a BABY! She wants to feel comforted and I can do that for her.

So I'm sitting her in my mom's sunroom watching football and holding Lila and I decide that I need (not want, but NEED) to check my Facebook. HAHAHA So I ask my mom, who is cleaning her house for company tonight, to bring me her computer. As she walks in the room, she says "SPOILED GIRL". I immediately come back with "Which one?", with a big grin on my face, knowing that here I sit, me being just as spoiled today as my daughter is. "If the shoe fits", she says back, this time with a smile on her face. Ahhhh I love these times. Then I start thinking about the coming years and my little girl still being spoiled, no matter how many siblings she has, because in our own little ways, my mom has spoiled us.

I hope to be able to keep it to a level of "healthy" spoiling like we have been. By this I mean, not getting EVERYTHING we want all the time, but mainly getting the things we NEED, with a dose of the things we want, enough to keep us thankful and happy for the things we have! I don't know if that makes sense to you, but in my own mind, I'm tracking. :)

I have no doubt in my mind that her Daddy will spoil as well. My dad has also spoiled all of us over the years. It's interesting to think back and analyze how differently moms and dads spoil their kids. Dads, it seems, tend to spoil kids a little differently. Dads will let you do the things that mom doesn't let you do when she's around. "Sure honey, have another coke. Your mom's not here" or "Mom's gone. Do you want pizza or McDonald's for supper?" Dads sure know how to get to the heart of their kids! You let them do stuff they normally can't do. Neil, don't get any ideas!!

I can remember being a kid and thinking, "when I grow up and have kids, I'm never gonna do that to them". Looking back now, I can see that I didn't have it too bad. Things will probably be pretty similar to my childhood, only I will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER make Lila sit at the table and eat her meatloaf if she tells me she doesn't like. That's one thing I'm sticking to and no, Mom, you will not change my mind. How can I tell this sweet face to eat something she doesn't want to?


Since I'm at my mom's and she has the pictures here, I want to go ahead and post some baby pics to compare Lila to mine and Neil's baby pictures. Comment below on who you think she looks like! I think this will be fun! Go to previous posts to see more pics of sweet Lila. The first two are me and the second two are Neil. Cast your vote!



No comments:

Post a Comment