Saturday, October 16, 2010

Date Night

Neil and I had our first date night last night. It was the first time Lila had been left with anyone since we've had her. My mom came over for a few hours while we went out to eat. It was great. We hadn't had a night like that in such a long time! We talked and talked and surprisingly enough we didn't talk about Lila the WHOLE time. We have always been able to talk about anything and everything and thankfully that hasn't changed. It's great to just be alone with your best friend and soak up the special times we have together, just us!

I love this picture because she looks like one of the 7 dwarfs...you guessed it, Dopey! She's such a cutie patootie!!

We had a couple of really good nights of sleep this week, but last night just wasn't one of them. Maybe Lila was trying to tell us that she didn't like it that we left her. Nah. :) I think she was just out of her routine. I'm really bad about doing the same things at the same times every day. This is something that I have to start doing because I think it will help her realize some structure to our activities. We'll see and I'll let y'all know how that goes.

Our little sweet pea has been bright eyed and bushy tailed most of the day today so we're hoping to get some sleep tonight.

She loves to lay on her changing table and stare out the window. This makes diaper changing time such a pleasant experience. I just wish sometimes that I could leave her there unattended to enjoy herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment