Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 1 Down

I can't believe it's already been a week. We have gone through so much already. Everyday, we love Miss Lila even more. I can't stop looking at her. She changes each day and always has a new face to show us.

Week 1 has been a wonderful week of ups and downs as is the case with most babies and their parents during their first week home. Lila is a pretty good baby overall. Like most babies, she hasn't developed a routine yet. I'm not sure I'm doing what I need to to get one established either. I feel like it's never too early to start a routine, but at the same time, I know that she is so little and helpless and sometimes all she needs is to feel the comfort of her momma or daddy...so we hold her. I'm guilty of it everyday and I don't care at all. :)

Lila went to the doctor on Friday last week and was down to 6lb 4oz. I was totally freaking out because I'm breastfeeding and have no way of knowing how much milk she is getting. I started pumping to see how much and was getting about 2 oz all together every 3 hours or so. She's not cranky or begging for food, but I was still nervous!

I struggled all weekend with this and it made things very hard. We went back to the doctor yesterday and Lila is back gaining weight. She was 6lb 8oz and I was relieved! I can't tell you how much better I felt when I saw those numbers. We really don't want to have to go to formula unless it's the last option possible. Breastmilk is the best thing for a baby and we want to give her the best there is.

Last night after a feeding she completely conked out. I had to share this picture because I think it's just hilarious!

That being said, we're healthy and gaining weight. Lila and I went on our first stroller ride today and she absolutely loved it. We walked to the high school where my dad is a teacher to be the guest speakers for his psychology class. The class is learning the phases of life and they are on infants now. Lila knew the perfect time to come into this world so Grandpa (or whatever we're calling him) could use her for a demo. We tested her reflexes and she did wonderful.

Needless to say we are so blessed to have this little girl in our lives and look forward to all things Lila!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment