Monday, September 13, 2010

Running and Sleeping

Most of you know, I've been trying to stay relatively healthy throughout this whole pregnancy.  By healthy, I mean exercising because I certainly haven't been getting all of my food groups in on a daily basis.  I've decided that I'm going to start using gravity in my favor.

Gravity is always talked about as such an awful thing.  Saggy boobs, wrinkles, etc...  Now while I've considered that I don't necessarily want these things, I'm looking into the immediate future.  This means getting Lila to shift downward and out of the uterus.  I know that she thinks that she's happy in there, but we all know that she will be so much happier and less claustrophobic out here where we can all love on her.

So I've been running.  I am still feeling pretty good so tonight I decided to go extra long.  Keep in mind I'm not able to run the entire time so I have to break this up with little spells of walking.  About 5 months ago when I was able to start running again after my first trimester hibernation period, I was very frustrated with the fact that I couldn't do what I used to do.  Now I'm just appreciating the fact that I can still move since I've feel like an elephant when I'm running.

Today I upped my mileage to 6.  I was able to run a lot of it too.  It felt really good.  A lot of you think I'm crazy, but according to many many studies, exercising during pregnancy is really good for you, IF you did it before you conceived...which I did.  Runner's World magazine had a great article on this.  I LOVE this magazine!

Now that I've run myself  ragged, cooked a delicious dinner with Neil and updated my blog for everyone, I'm gonna relax, watch some TV, and get some rest.  Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment