Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Running, walking, squatting, and.......

I'M FULL TERM!!!!!!!!  Finally 37 weeks is here!  Little Miss Lila can come whenever she's ready.  And I hope that's soon.  She has been head-butting and/or punching me in the cervix.  For those of you who don't know what this feels like....it's not good!  There isn't a good way to describe this.  All I can say is Miss Thang isn't nice so far!

Doctor told me the last couple weeks that I was dilated to 1 cm and about 75% effaced.  Maybe all this punching has progressed me a little more since then...and then again, maybe not.  I know of people that dilated early and then had to be induced at 42 weeks because they had no progress.  I've already decided that I will take matters into my own hands and use the knife set that we got for our wedding.  Now, I know what you're thinking, but I've taken some health classes, read a lot of books, and they showed a cartoon video of how a C-Section is performed in our childbirth class, so I pretty confident that I can do it!

So I know there are a lot of suggestions of how you can "move" things along a little quicker.  I have been trying most of them.  I'm hoping that sooner or later gravity is gonna play nice with me and be my friend.  So until then, we'll just keep truckin' along and haulin' my wide ass around with a smile on my face!

2 comments:

  1. OOO you can totally walk me through it, as a practice run of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start taking evening primrose oil 3 times a day! I started it at 37 weeks and by the next week I was another cm dilated and 25% more effaced!! Then my water broke at 39w3d :) It's also good for you!

    ReplyDelete