Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Slow down.....

Not only have I been so anxious, nervous, worried about Lila coming, but I haven't been able to slow myself down at all.  I was icky at work all day today and decided that it was mostly exhaustion and my body was really just telling me that it can't do what it usually does.  I have got to slow down.  I have so many things running through my head; things that I need to do before baby gets here, things that need to be done on a daily basis, things that I WANT to do to try to keep my life normal.  With all this stuff going on, I realized today that I'm going just as hard as I was at 20 weeks.  I don't think my body, or this baby for that matter, likes it very much either.



I was 35 weeks pregnant yesterday and as you can see above, Little Miss Lila gave us a great profile pic this weekend.  She's so precious, even when she was trying to get her foot to come out of my belly button.  Sorry missy, you've still got a few more weeks in there!

It's killing me how slow (and fast at the same time) time is moving.  We are actually ready for her to get here.  We physically have everything we need, except for a baby bathtub, which we really don't need for the first little bit anyway.  I think, we are mentally prepared for what's going to happen and how are lives are going to be different.  It's so funny.  We'll just be laying in bed or cooking supper or something else totally normal and one of us will look at the other and be like "We're gonna have an actual real life baby in this house in a few weeks".  We just kinda think about it for a minute and then we're like "Yeah, we'll be ok!".  HAHAHA  Totally random moments like that are priceless.  I'm sure every first time mom and dad go through the same thing.

I also got to thinking about some super serious earlier...hahah, not so much.  Most of you who know me, know that I like to change the color of my hair from season to season.  I got to thinking, what if I want to change my hair color in a couple months to a little bit darker, to ya know...go with the fall trend, and my baby doesn't recognize me when I get home.  How does this work?  Do they just know your scent, know your voice, know your touch or do they actually recognize you face and, for example hair color?  I'm going to be doing some research on this, but if anyone has any advice, feel free to let me know!

Now since I need to be "slowing down", I'm going to lay down and rest for a bit.  From 35 weeks and counting, have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment