Thursday, May 26, 2011

8 months old :(

I can't believe my baby girl is 8 months old. I feel like this summer is gonna fly by (because summers always do) and then it's gonna be her first birthday. I'm about ready to cry thinking about it right now.

She has been a squirrel lately. Cracking us up and wearing us out. Last night, it was like she wanted to be held, but was squirming to get down the whole time. Then we'd put her down and she would want back up. She's just a hoot.

Lila's friend Elle came to visit her the other day. Elle's mom came to visit me. :) They were cracking us up. If they end up being anything like their moms, we're gonna be in trouble. I can't wait for them to get older and they can actually play together. Right now, there's just a bunch of eye gauging and hand holding. :) They were so sweet though.


Lila is starting to finally discover that she can move around and get stuff. She's not interested at all in crawling and I think she's going to skip it completely. She can scoot herself to get to stuff, but if it's too far away then she just forgets about it. That's my lazy girl!! I honestly don't know where she gets that because in all seriousness, neither Neil nor I am lazy on a regular basis. She is finding out that she can actually pull herself up on things other than my hands or Neil's hands. She getting so big so fast. She is very interested in walking more than anything. She pulls up on our fingers and immediately starts to take off. I'm not so sure I'm ready for this. :(


We went swimming last weekend at my Grandma's house, and by swimming, I mean we put our toes in the water on the top step. It was FREEZING. The weather started warming up early this week, but we had bad storms and cool weather today and probably tomorrow. I feel like we're never gonna get to swim. She was most in awe with Connor jumping around in the water and going off the diving board. She was screaming at him the whole time. It was so cute.




I've got a super long weekend this weekend and hopefully it will warm up and we'll have some great weather. One of my great friends Medley Wilson is getting married to her high school sweetheart, Clay Ford on Saturday. Aren't they so cute! It should be a blast! Hopefully I'll have pictures from the wedding for my next blog. I wish y'all the best marriage!
It's gonna be Lila's first wedding and I'm hoping the reception will be fun for her! She loves music and dancing so we can only hope. Next weekend we have another wedding out of town and Neil is in it! Should be an interesting weekend. I'll blog later about it.

I'm going to try to get some updated pictures and videos put up on here too. I just have to find the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment