Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little Swimmer


Right now, I'm loving being a mom more than anything. Lila's at that stage where she knows Neil and me, knows that we are her lifelines, and prefers us. I know this could potentially be a bad thing, but right now I'm just lovin' the hugs and snuggles that I'm getting. She is trying new things every day. She ate a hamburger last night! (Not the whole thing, but she did take leftovers to the babysitter today)

She's getting braver every day too. She will move from her play stand to a foot stool and then to me. She has to be really brave to do this, but she's done it a couple of times. She is trying to putt up and got brave enough a couple nights ago, then fell so she hasn't done it since. We help her and show her that she can do it and I think it's starting to help a little.

My baby that hates to be on her stomach is sleeping on her stomach for a majority of the night. She cracks me up. She is just exploring and getting to know so many different things, it's amazing.

So last week when I blogged, we were preparing for Medley and Clay's wedding. It was beautiful...as expected. We snapped a couple pictures, but honestly, we got so busy with everything I forgot to take many pictures. I have to get better about this!

This picture looks distorted...or maybe I just look funny!

This girl LOVES her daddy!

Last night I took Lila up to my Grandma's to swim because the water has FINALLY gotten warm enough to actually get in. OMG....she LOVED it! I mean, loved it! Grandma Jane had this baby raft floaty thing and I put her in it and I thought she would be unsure. No way. She smiled and laughed and kicked her legs and moved around everywhere. She loves baths so I shouldn't have been surprised, but really baths and swimming are totally different. I'm so so so happy that she likes it. Swimming is a great part of our summer so she must've known that she had to like it to "be" in our family!

Here's a couple more pictures from this weekend and her first big pool experience!

Diving for rings

Thanks for spiking my hair, Mom!

Playing with Cousin Ally (they were sharing really well)
She was teaching her the colors

Finally in the big pool! KICK KICK KICK

Aunt Hannah, take my picture! I'm a big girl!

So this weekend we have another long weekend. Tomorrow we leave for Champaign to go to another wedding. Neil is in this wedding. The last one of his buddies to tie the knot! So we're leaving early to get there for the rehearsal dinner and I'm just hoping that Lila will survive it all. She is truly an amazing baby. She most always seems to be on her best behavior. We joke that she's the kind of baby that suckers you into wanting another one. :) I think she will be great, I just hope she doesn't have trouble sleeping in the hotel with 6 other people. We will take the Pack N Play, but she's been sleeping like a rockstar and I hope this doesn't break the trend.

Hopefully I'll have more pictures to post next week from this wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment