Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer...maybe

The weather here has been so crazy lately. It will be 70 degrees in February, then 30 in March. Last Friday it was 85 degrees during the day and a storm came through and it's been in the 50s and 60s since then. It's crazy. I feel like we just woke up and forgot we moved to Alaska. At this rate, we'll never get in the pool this year because it won't warm up enough to get the water comfortable.

Lila loves being outside too and I feel bad because we can't go out and play like we were a few weeks ago. I don't want her to catch another cold or be miserable with sinus stuff. Ugh...I just hate it.

Tonight, Lila literally fell asleep mid-bite. I was cracking up. We did some exercises today to try to get her out of her "comfort zone" as far as sitting goes. She is a champion sitter, but won't transition into crawling position or sit up from lying down. It really just pisses her off to have to do it. I know this isn't a big deal yet, since she's only going to be 8 months old on Friday, but I just wanted to make sure that if there is something I can do to be helping her, I am.

Sometimes I feel like being a working mom is putting her behind. Neil and I work with her when we're home with her, but we don't get to do it all day with her. I know I'm making myself feel guilty for no reason, but sometimes you just can't help but think that way. We are a totally realistic family and like millions of other families, we both have to work. Wouldn't it be nice if we BOTH got to stay home with our daughter every day and take in every second of her growth and development?! HAHAHA We'd probably drive ourselves crazy! Maybe we should start playing the lottery! :)

I can't believe that almost 8 months have gone by since we were in the hospital awaiting her arrival. It's just so crazy how fast time really flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment