Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lila Jane

I have been doing a bunch of posts on the 30 day challenge and other stuff like that and realized that I haven't really updated y'all on my sweet little baby.

Lila Jane is 6 days away from being 7 months old. I honestly can't believe it. She is growing up so fast and it's just amazing. She is an awesome sitter. This girl has the best posture and I have no idea where she gets it. I'm a sloucher, always have been. No matter how much I try to sit up straight, 5 minutes will go by and I realize I'm slouching again. Neil probably isn't as bad as I am, but he's no rock star like Miss Lila.


For the last month or so, she has been taking "big girl" baths. She loves them. I'm so thankful that this girl loves bath time. Sometimes she's enjoying so much, I hate to take her out. She's got her little bath toys and she just splashes and talks to them the whole time. Getting her out of the bath and ready for bed is a different story. It really ticks her off to get out so we better have the bottle ready as soon as she gets her jammies on. :)


I've been trying to get her to eat meat. I baked some chicken the other day and tried it out. She gagged and gagged and gagged. It was awful. The past couple nights, I've mixed them with sweet potatoes or carrots, even apples...nada. I'm thinking it's a texture thing so I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and see if she will welcome the meat then. She does, however, like to eat itty bitty pieces of chicken off our forks. She must think she's really something since it's coming off of our plates. I'll pick a little piece out of the middle of the grilled chicken that Neil makes and she loves it. I'm very careful to make sure that there's no seasoning or salt on these pieces. She really doesn't eat enough of it to matter though. I'm thinking that next time we grill, we'll make a plain Jane piece for her and see how that works out. :)

Lila loves being outside. I'm very pleased with this. I told Neil that we're gonna be fighting her to come inside at night to get ready for bed...and that's perfectly fine with me. I'd rather fight her to come inside from playing than fight her to get off the couch from a video game or TV marathon. We go on walks now just about every day since it's gotten warm. She enjoys it, just about as much as I do.


As of right now, the paci is already beginning to be used less and less. I'm not a huge fan of pacis after a certain age, but I never thought we'd get rid of it before she was 1. She usually takes it when she's trying to go to sleep, but for the most part, she's a pretty mild mannered baby. She's happy a lot and truly doesn't need it. I'm getting happy about this, but again sad that my baby is already growing up. I'm sure she'll throw us for a loop in a few weeks!

No teeth yet, no crawling yet, and no pulling herself up yet. These are the next few things we're waiting for. Stay tuned, because I'm sure she'll have chompers and be mobile in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment