Monday, February 28, 2011

5 Months Old

5 Month Birthday and Playing Outside


Lila is getting so big! On February 20th, she was 5 months old! I cannot believe how the time has flown. She can sit up on her own, although she still learning how to balance side to side. She's got the front and back stuff down, but after a couple of tips to the left or right, she a goner. She still isn't crazy about tummy time and I'm starting to get worried that her shoulders aren't getting stronger. I know she'll probably be ok, but we are going to start working on it every night...I hope! I'll need some help from Daddy though.

Lila Jane is an eating machine! She loves her some sweet taters, bananas, avocado, applesauce, and carrots. She had peaches for the first time this morning and she loved them. She's been very distracted while eating lately. She will take a couple bites then she's into something else and while she tries to eat, her head in moving in ALL directions and she'll spit some of her food out. I have a fear that it's becoming a game! :(

Mommy is getting a complex that Lila will never roll over. She gets all the way over on her side and acts like she's going to, but then she'll just roll back on her back. When she's on her stomach, she just flies like Superman or buries her face into the blanket. Sheesh! I don't know that she'll ever get it!

We went back to my Dad's Psychology class last week to "show off" her skills. She is perfect on all of her reflexes. She turns to familiar voices, and turns to sounds that are "different" than what's going on. She grasps objects and of course puts everything in her mouth. She is trying to get teeth. Her gums are hard, but I have yet to feel buds. I think we'll just wake up one morning and she'll have a tooth! :) It will be so weird to see that!

Sitting up and playing with the dogs. She LOVES them.


We don't have very many pictures together so I just had to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment