Monday, February 7, 2011

Over the Rainbow

Lila's Great-Grandma Jane and Great Grandpa Jack got her this book for Christmas.

This is the second book of this kind that she has. The first is Puff, the Magic Dragon. They come with a CD in the back that has the song (and some bonus tracks) on it.

The Wizard of OZ was always one of my favorite movies growing up. One summer, I remember watching it EVERY night while sitting in my parents bed and enjoying a bowl of orange sherbet.
That was the life!

Now I'm so blessed to be able to watch the movie with sweet Lila AND have the bonus of being able to read, ahem, sing the book to her. It's one of her new favorite songs and it really calms her down. We don't read as much as I'd like to, so this week I'm going to try to read a book to her every night.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about the words, but the illustrations in these book are absolutely GORGEOUS! She will just look around at all the different colors on the pages and then look at me like "Wow Mom, are you seeing this?". It is truly the sweetest thing.

Over the Rainbow

music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

2 comments:

  1. I luv your blog! Is there any way I can e-mail you? Or is it better if I leave my e-mail address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to do this, but just forgot. I provided my email address above my blog archive.

    ReplyDelete