Friday, January 27, 2012

Pinning less, reading more

I am still "Pinteresting" some these days, but I really cut my craft time down.  I just don't have a lot of time to do the things I want.  I'm going to get back into it soon though.  One thing I have to share that I found on Pinterest was How to curl your hair with a curling iron on a blog called The Small Things Blog.  This girl is amazing.  She is a professional stylist and a great teacher on how to do hair.  I'm a big dummy on doing my hair, so if I can do it, anyone can.  I haven't taken (and will not take) a picture of myself to show, but it turned out really well.  All this time, I've been curling from the ends to the root and I learn how to do it right and I'll be damned...IT WORKED.  Even day two it's still curled and looks pretty good or so my co-workers say! LOL  Check her out!!!  http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair-style-tutorials.html  I'm telling you the girl is a great teacher!!!

After about 3 years of making fun of my husband for liking, ahem LOVING, Harry Potter, he's got me hooked.  It took about 2 years to get me to even agree to watch a movie with him (maybe I enjoyed it a little, but only because of his company) without cocktails and the promise of a massage after.  Now, I am proud to say that I am on the fourth HP book and am really quite enjoying it.  I am a firm believer in "the books are better than the movies", but this is taking it to another level.  I'm happy that I have watched the movies so I kinda know what's going on and have the pictures of the characters in my head, but there are so many more details in the books that don't leave you guessing at how or why something happened.  All in all, I'm glad I decided to read the books and I just have to say, I have now read more in the HP collection than Neil has! :)  I just have to rub that in his face.


I'm probably getting ready to take a break after The Goblet of Fire to read a book for our SCUW (Saline County University Women) annual book review.  We will be reviewing The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.  It's about the marriage of Earnest Hemmingway and Hadley Richardson.  Has anyone read this?  What are your thoughts?  Let me know!  Thanks.

Update on how Lila is doing.  She's a crazy mess!  What a hoot....



She is "jumping" all over the place.  Almost looks like she's skipping or trotting or galloping...not sure, but she thinks it's jumping and it's hilarious!  She gets so excited when we tell her to jump and a few days ago, she actually did leave the ground for a millisecond.

She grunts when she goes down a step, like it's REALLY REALLY hard to do.  I'm sure she's just heard me do this (ya know since it's hard for me to up and down steps, LOL) and picked it up.  She loves basketball.  She thinks every player on tv is Uncle Capel.  She gets pretty excited at the games.  Again, probably gets that from me.  Yelling at players, heckling the refs :), etc...  She got a new basketball goal and loves to "shoot it".

Just within the last week she has been shutting the book and saying "the end".  Again something we never taught her, but I realized that I say it all the time when reading to her.  It's totally cute.  The last thing that she has picked up from us is "see ya".  She will say it to any and everyone when we are leaving somewhere.  She is just a little person.

Her ears are doing wonderful since the tubes.  She has cut 3 molars and we have no sign of an ear infection (as I knock on wood).  She got some hot pink, super cool ear plugs for the bath and is doing great with them.  She loves to splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment