Wednesday, June 22, 2011

9 months.....

I first want to apologize for taking so long to make another post! I'm just getting awful at trying to keep it up. To think, originally I wanted to do this every couple days. Now here we are two and a half weeks later! Ugh...life is just crazy busy these days. That tends to always be the case in summer though.

So since the last time I wrote, we've been to weddings, birthdays, Neil's first Father's day, and much more. I'll try to brief everyone on what's been going on.

We made it to Brad and Michelle's wedding, which was beautiful and so much fun! We got to roll around the University of Illinois campus, where I went to school for a year, and see so much fun stuff!

Lila was such a good girl, talking to all kinds of people and distracting them from the wedding! She was a dancing machine too. Our first time staying in a hotel was not really the greatest experience. Lila just started sleeping really good again about a week and a half before the stay. Being in an unknown location for two nights in a row and also the fact that she was in the room with us, was just not a good combination. She doesn't wake easily, but it's hard to really get to sleep in the first place when so much is going on. All in all, it was a pretty fantastic weekend!

She's been going to my Dad's house at least one day a week this summer. You can bet she gets worn out there. Connor always keeps that baby busy. They go to the gym, they run around the house; there's always something going on. The first day she went, I got this video from my Dad. I was literally laughing out loud for about 10 minutes at my office.

It was only moments later that I received this picture. It says it all!

I got so tickled at this. Poor thing was worn completely out. It showed too. She napped when she got home until like 7:00 that night and then barely ate (must have been too much work) then crashed again at like 8:30. What a mess. Since then, she's gotten use to all of the activity that goes on in that house! :) GOOD TIMES!

We went for the big 9 month check-up last week as well. Everything is great! No shots which is always a great thing. She also has lost a pound in the last month. Must be all that extra work she's doing at Grandpa's! I had expressed some concern to Dr. Matt that she was not even trying to crawl. This was a little over a month ago. I have been convinced since then that she just wasn't going to crawl. She hates being on her stomach and throws a big fit when we try to make her. She is, on the other hand, trying and wanting to walk. Holding our fingers, she will walk all over the place.

Well.............she just had to prove mom wrong. As she usually does, if you remember the rolling over story! Oh well, that's just fine by me. Saturday night she just decided that she was gonna do it. She's got kind of a crab walk. She goes forward at a diagonal angle. :) It's too cute. She doesn't get much practice at my Dad's because everyone wants to hold her...all the time! I'm thinking that she'll really perfect her skills being at the babysitter all day and wanting to chase those other kids around. We'll see how much this crawling business makes mommy crazy! Here's a couple videos. Please ignore Neil and I talking! haha




I'm going to be trying my best to get another post sooner rather than later this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment