Sunday, December 4, 2011

More Pinning

I can post this because it is a gift for my dad and I'm fairly certain that he doesn't read my blog.  If you do, Dad, sorry. Stop reading now so it doesn't ruin Christmas.

I have, once again to my surprise, successfully pinned and completed another DIY project.

I didn't take pictures for a step-by-step guide, but I will try to explain the best I can remember.

First, I got my masking tape and placed it on the glass.  The very wide masking tape would work the best, but all I had was the skinny kind.  I overlapped the tape so there was no area where I was going to monogram that wasn't covered.

Second, I drew (in pencil...because I ALWAYS mess up) the block letter that I wanted etched.

Third, I got a knife.  Pretty sure you're supposed to use an exacto knife, or something similar.  I chose the most dangerous way, since my husband was working the ER that night, and used a paring knife..freshly sharpened and hoped for the best.  I cut along the lines of the letter that I just drew.  Once I was done, I peeled the letter off.

Fourth, I very thickly applied the Etch Armor to the glass.  Waited about 10 minutes (my directions said 5-7, but I got sidetracked with another project.

Fifth, I rinsed the Etch Armor off with very hot water and then took the tape off.  I wiped it clean and BAM!  You have a monogrammed beer mug that makes a great gift!!

I took a couple different pictures to show how they turned out.  I will be making more, so next time, I'll post step-by-step pictures.  I hope this helps though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment