Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goodnight. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

My mom used to always say this to us when we were kids.  It wasn't until I was an adult that I understood what bed bugs really were.  Nasty, gross, incredibly annoying bugs that live in your mattress and make your life hell...apparently.

As of right now, I can say we don't have bed bugs, but now that you're itching all over just from the mentioning of it, I'll let you in on why this is the lovely title to my blog today.  A few weeks ago, Lila had this bump, welp, knot, thing on her arm.  I didn't think anything of it since she has been known to get mad and bite her extremities when she goes down into her temper tantrum 8,395,863 times a day.  Then about a week later, another one popped up on her leg.  this one looked worse, but I just thought she had gotten bit by something.

Last week we were at the doctor for another ear infection and I had mentioned that they were popping up more and more.  Dr. W thought that they may be hives from trying to fight the ear infection.  Common in young children when their bodies are fighting any infection.  So we left with antibiotic for the ears and Benadryl for the hives.  Thought we were good to go until Monday night, she had like 5 pop up on her arm.  I, obviously concerned, emailed the picture of her arm to Dr. W and then went in the following afternoon.

Of course, they always get better right before you go to the doctor, right!  Damn!  Dr didn't really know what it was so he sent me to a dermatologist.  Trying to make a long story short (for those of you who know me, you know that's hard for me to do), we went to the derm today and WHEW! it's just bug bites. While I'm sad that my baby is getting eaten alive, I'm through the roof that it's JUST bug bites.  I was getting myself prepared for all kids of bad shit!

Back to the whole bed bugs thing.  I asked him if he thought that these "bug bites" could be that.  Thankfully he said no, but that it could be a possibility.  I've looked, Neil has looked...we can't see them.  So I'm really just hoping that this is an isolated incident and that the bites will heal and be gone quickly.  I also asked about fleas.  We have 3 dogs that are primarily outside, but occasionally we let them in.  We treat them for flea and tick, but I know it can't fight them all.  Next on my list, off to Rural King to get some flea spray.  This worked one other time when my sister dogsat for a friend who's dogs had fleas...then I had fleas!  The heavy alcohol-based spray seemed to work.  So I'm going to try it again!

Stay tuned for what happens next!

I also want to share a little something that Neil and Lila did last night.  If you haven't seen the commercial with Jimmy Fallon and the little boy where he asks he if wants cash back, you need to.  Apparently, Neil and Lila should've auditioned for the commercial and apparently, she's nothing like us....we always could use/want more money back!  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment