Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's a.........


So last week on Friday, Neil and I strolled off to the doctor to see if baby was doing ok and tel hopefully find out for sure what the gender is on the little one growing inside me. Well if you're wanting to know, you've come to the right place! Baby Atkins is for sure a girl. This just confirms what Grandma De thought at the last two ultrasounds that she did. Baby girl was showing it all that day.

She has anything and everything that a baby at her stage should have. The tech showed us her brain and nuchal fold, which were both normal (actually her brain was probably better than normal b/c we've already decided she's going to be a genius). I mean what else would she be coming from the both of us. Keep your comments to yourself, people! Her heart and other organs in her abdominal area all looked great as well!

Even though Neil still had a little bit of hope that a little wenus had sprouted since the last time we looked (he wore a blue shirt in hopes), he is also very excited! I tried to tell him that every man wants a boy until he has a daughter! He said he still wants a boy though. :)

Now we just need to get to looking for all the fun stuff. Bedding, room decor, clothes, etc. I seriously can't wait. I look at this stuff all day!


So to go on with what happened this weekend, we also got married! It was an amazing day. There was a 90% chance of rain for most of the day and we didn't get a drop until about 9:00 that night. We were able to have the wedding outside and everything turned out phenomenal. What an awesome thing to feel; be married to the man I love and have a little baby girl in there to be a part of it.

Needless to say, we couldn't have done it without the help from many many people. Now for my Oscar speech....

I just want to thank my Mother, she helped put this together in record time! If it weren't for her, I would not have been able to stay on task! I want to thank my Step-Mother. She helped keep me sane when she knew I was going to kill my mom for asking me so many questions! (still love you, Mom). I want to thank my step-grandmother, Judi. She has a creativeness that one can only be born with. She took a blank slate and made it look like a picture from a magazine. I would also like to thank my Dad for knowing what was important to me and what wasn't. I thought that our walk down the aisle and our dance was more than any daughter could ask for. I didn't even cry! Thanks to Hannah and Capel for being a part of the wedding and being good sports. Thanks to Connor for dancing with me TWICE in the dollar dance. That extra dollar was definitely worth it. :) Thanks to Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jack for so graciously letting us use their humble abode to have the ceremony. It was beautiful. And last, but definitely not least, thanks to my wonderful husband (still makes me smile when I say it or write it) who was very very patient with my during my hormonal planning stages for getting this all together. I couldn't have done it without you. No really, I couldn't...I don't think Mike could've married me to myself.

I know I've missed some people and I'm sorry, but with my pregnant brain, this sometimes happens.

So now to get on with the rest of everything...it's going to be an exciting ride and I can't wait to make every memory there is! Love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, everything was beautiful. You were absolutely glowing. I'm so happy for you two and was honored to be at your reception to celebrate. Keep up with the blogging! I love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations all around!! Finding out you're having a daughter and getting a husband all at once... what fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete