Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fence Building, Baby, and Backaches

So it's been a while. I've been keeping pretty busy.

UPDATE:
We started building our fence last weekend. WOOO HOOOO! I can't tell you how great this makes me feel. We've needed a fence at our house since we moved in. Jasper gets out and will go all over the neighborhood and that's not ok. So we get part of the fence built last weekend. We couldn't do it all because #1 we didn't have the daylight and #2 we didn't have all the materials.

Let me just tell ya. Fence building is not meant for the pregnant woman. You see, we had guys there helping, but I'm not the type that can just sit there and watch. I have to be in on the action. So I did. My dad and I were setting posts and putting up nailing boards while Neil and Bill were digging the rest of the post holes with the most amazing contraption there ever was. This digger was on the back of a tractor and just dug the hole, right there, like 2-3 feet into the ground. And all in about 30 seconds it seemed like.

So I'm going and helping and carryin on. We got done about 9:00 and went straight to bed. Now mind you, my feet hurt like hell when I got into bed, but that was the last of my concerns when I got up the next morning. Neil had only been up since about 4:30-5:00 b/c he was hurting too from all the work. I walked back to the bathroom (ok "walked" isn't even a comparison word, more like shuffled) and get a "you look like shit". No good morning, no how are you feeling, simply you look like shit. Since I knew this and also felt like shit, I was ok with that, but also knew that there would be no fence building in my agenda for that day. All of the "Lindsey, you need to sit down and take it easy"s the day before were now haunting me! Luckily, Dad brought Capel over that day to help, so I was home free.

As if that isn't enough of a project to do to the house, we are also painting the utility room. Now that I can handle, but then there's the getting up on the ladder part and moving the washer and dryer part and this I really wasn't supposed to be doing either. Finally after a while, I'd had enough. I just went after it. Now the utility room is almost done! Then we can get back to the fence and get that done too!

If you can't tell, I'm really excited about it! Pictures will be posted of out "new back yard".

Now on to more baby related stuff. People have been getting her so many new outfits! They are so cute. I can't wait to actually be able to put them on her and see how cute she is!

That being said, she better be appreciating all the food I'm giving her now and all the weight I'm gaining for her! I went to get my bridemaid dress yesterday for my friend Ashley's wedding that I'm in in a few weeks. Let's just say that this dress in certain size that all my friends were telling me was going to be so big it would fall off isn't quite as big as y'all thought it would be. In fact, it fits perfect right now. What a bummer! I know that I've gained weight, but I never thought the day would come that I had to buy a dress in the size this one is in. Needless to say, I went for a run when I got home! Hey, if this baby is healthy and at the right size, there's no reason for me to feed my face and gain weight for no reason!

We'll see how the next 3 weeks go. Maybe all this running will finally start showing the payoff!

22 weeks this week, folks. Some would say I'm on the downward slope, which may be true in numbers, but I have a pretty good premonition it doesn't get easier on this "downward slope"! It's going to be a long summer!

It won't be so long for the next post, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment