Monday, June 23, 2014

Sisters

When I got pregnant with Vivian, I went back and forth in my head whether I wanted my #2 to be a girl or a boy.  I know every expecting mother does this and if you say you didn't, you're a liar.  Things went through my head like:
Girl

  • She will be able to wear a lot of Lila's clothes, that'll be great
  • We already have pretty much everything we need for a girl
  • I really won't have to decorate much more than I did with Lila
  • Ugh...won't have to worry about the circumcision or penis spraying us every time he peed...another girl, great!
Boy

  • I WON'T HAVE TO DO HIS HAIR!!!!!!!!!
  • This will be different....
  • I have two younger brothers, I can handle this.
  • I have NO boy names picked out, nor any that I even like...Neil will win :(
One thing I never thought about was "sisters".  I didn't even think about Lila having a little sister.  I heard from everyone that two girls is awesome, but still, I didn't know WHAT I WANTED.  LOL

When I found out we were having another girl, I was excited.  Two girls...well what in the hell am I going to do with two girls?  Maybe at least they'll play with each other.  A few months ago, I got really scared.  Vivian was just getting really mobile and starting to follow Lila around.  If Lila had something, Viv wanted it.  She even got it sometimes and then it was "Mom, she took that from me".  I immediately started thinking, what have we gotten ourselves into.  I could see the next 15 year flashing before my eyes.  Lila was this fingernail polish and Vivian got it first or Vivian was playing with the iPad and Lila wants it...OR Vivian took the car and Lila had plans with friends and she was going to use it.  Aye aye aye....

Now, they both love each other, I know that, but of course they don't always show it. Then last night something happened.  We were on a bike ride and they were in the bike trailer (that's another post for another time) just ridin' along.  Then I hear "Mom, she's trying to bite me".  Well, I can't really do anything at this very moment while I'm riding and pulling you crazies.  "Just lightly touch her lips and tell her no, no biting."  What I was thinking, please please don't hit her hard and make her cry, we're almost home and I really don't feel like stopping right now.  Then out of nowhere I hear giggles.  Viv is cracking up at Lila and Lila is telling her "no, no" in the sweetest voice ever.  Then Vivi puts her mouth on Lila's arm and makes a fart noise, yes these are my kids.  They just continue to giggle and giggle for the rest of the ride home.  I just smiled.

I always thought they could be best friends one day, but I never expected it to be this soon.  Vivian thinks Lila is the best thing since sliced bread.  Lila is pretty proud to be her big sister.  Although brats a lot of the time, they are still two of the sweetest creatures on Earth.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment