Thursday, May 22, 2014

Where are you going?

This is the question I was asked last night by my husband as I went storming out the door.

Do you ever have those times when you, as a mother, just have to get yourself out of a situation as fast as you can before something is either said or done that you know you will eventually regret?

That was me last night.  UGH!  Sometimes a mom can just lose it.  I about blew a gasket.  I don't know about you, but I can only take so much of a 3 year old whining, every.single.word.of.every.single.day.  Whining because I didn't make her pony tail high enough or "swooshy" enough.  Or she told me that she wanted 1 pony tail and then mid way through changed her mind to pig tails, but didn't let me know that.  Or that her sock hurts her foot or she wanted to wear "hoopy hoop" earrings today.  I know it's tough being a 3 year in this crazy world, but REALLY????

Then there's my rotten little Vivian.  I thought that my baby who wants to constantly be held by me if I'm in the house would eventually grow out of this.  Well, she turned 1 and that didn't happen yet.  So adding on to the 3 year old whining, I have a 1 year old following me around screaming crying because I won't pick her up.  Aye aye aye....

When I finally can make her happy by finding a toy that she would like to play with, Lila comes around and...you guessed it...that was the toy she wanted to play with, that has been thrown into a corner in her room since she got for Christmas.  The kid didn't even know she had the toy until now.  So Vivian then gets something to eat, usually a CLIF bar because that's what she gets out of the cabinet and brings to me.  Lila wants milk.  Ok....she gets milk.  But she wanted chocolate milk this time.  I forgot my crystal ball in the other room honey....sorry!

If you're a mom, you know this is pretty standard.  This happens DAILY and daily I can usually deal, but every once in a while a mom wants to just lay in bed or sit on the couch or get on the computer and not have to deal with such drama.  Every once in a while, a mom wants someone to take care of her, to appreciate the things that she does when all this drama come on.  Every once in a while a mom needs a break.  Mom's don't get days off or weekends.  We may get hours off, but rarely days.  I don't know about you, but even when I get my days off of work, I feel guilty still taking my kids to daycare.  I feel like if I'm not at work, then I should be with them.

I think this is when we need to stop and realize, that we need to cut ourselves some slack and take the breaks that we need.  Spend the day alone doing what you want to do.  Shopping, meditating, exercising, sleeping, laying on the couch and catching up on The Young and the Restless and NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT.

I challenge all mom's to do something for themselves at some point in the next week.  We all need it!!

XOXO

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment