Thursday, January 3, 2013

Officially Potty Trained

I am proud to say that we are 100% potty trained. We were so blessed to have Lila potty trained in July. She showed interested earlier than we expected so we just went with it. Se has, however, been sleeping in pull-ups this whole time. No matter how much we limited her liquid intake, she would still almost always wake up pretty wet. I noticed a couple mornings about 3 weeks ago that she had gotten up dry, but just thought it was a fluke. She stayed at my Mom's the next night and I forgot a pull-up. My considerate mother so cleverly thought that a poise pad would be just the same. LOL I am still laughing at that. That's beside the point...she woke up dry again. It was at that point that I thought we would try panties to bed that night. We have been watching what she drinks before bed every night and so far so good. We haven't had an accident yet!! I'm not counting it out. I know better than that. We're just doing our best in trying to get her to pee before she really gets to sleep, if she fell asleep without us getting her on the potty.

I'm so happy about this. Having her potty trained before having another baby was something that was very important to me. I really didn't want two kids in diapers for multiple reasons!

You can read here how we started the potty training process.  I will say I highly recommend naked time.

No comments:

Post a Comment