Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One Hell of a Weekend

This weekend has just been absolutely crazy.  My Dad got so sick that he was admitted into the hospital Friday afternoon.  After four days in the hospital and about a million milligrams of one of the strongest IV pain meds there are, he's still not better.  If you read this, just send up a prayer for him.  Hoping that a spinal tap this afternoon will give us some answers.  He's also been in isolation this entire time which is very hard for him.  All he wants to do is to leave his room.  :(

On a happier note, the Bulldogs came away with two conference wins this weekend.  One more big game this weekend and then it'll be post-season time!  Woo hoo!!!  As Lila would say "chew 'em up chew 'em up HHS!!"  As best as she can!  :)

Connor stayed with us this weekend for a couple of days and it was a lot of fun.  He helped keep Lila busy while I got some stuff done.  On the downside of this, I didn't get all of my runs in this last week.  I'm ready to get back at it this week though.  I have a tough 16 miler this weekend and it's going to take a lot of psyching myself up.  Thankfully I just got another new iTunes gift card from a friend of mine, who just so knows how much motivation you need to run a marathon.  Thanks girly!

I also got to help Connor with a Valentine's Day box this weekend.  I think it turned out great!!



Last night, about as last minute as you can get, I made Lila a little Valentine's shirt.  I was inspired by a Christmas tree shirt that I saw on Pinterest.  I thought...I can make something like that for Vday!  I got the shirt at Wal-Mart for $2.50.  I already had the ribbon.  It turned out pretty good.

1 comment: