Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back Posts - Neil's Birthday

I've been meaning to post several things in the last couple months and just have had no time to do so.  So I'm gonna do the best I can to get it done in the next little bit.

April was Neil's birthday.  I asked him what kind of cake he liked the best and he told me strawberry.  So I did what most awesome wives do and found the best strawberry cake recipe ever...Paula Deen.  MMMMMMMMMM......


I ended up getting frozen strawberries and letting them thaw and then adding a little strawberry syrup because I couldn't find the strawberries in the syrup.  I may have added a little too much syrup because the cake was a little more dense than I anticipated, but it actually turned out GREAT.  You can't see it that good in this pic, but I got so caught up, I forgot to take the cake's portrait.


No comments:

Post a Comment